Anyone not pumped for the long weekend?


Counting down the hours until the long weekend starts!  What are your plans?  So many people are going to visit family or starting a warm winter vacation.  I am looking forward to spending time with the kids tomorrow watching the dragon boat races on Dows Lake.  We are very excited to see this event.  This will be followed up with snowshoeing on Sunday and Monday.  Looking at this picture reminded me of a snowshoe race that I was in many years ago, again at Dows Lake.  It was amazingly hard but I came in first in my age category.  You don't hear that come out of my mouth very often.

What is new with everyone?  I don't know about you but personally I am tired of talking about snow and the horror show in America.  I seem to recall that we used to have a lot more to talk about.  It's just a little hard to remember what those things were.  We should have a suggestion box of things to talk about.  Send me your suggestions and I'll get us started.

We could talk about my wedding hair?  My hairdresser tried out a different colour with highlights.  I think I like it although a week ago it was much louder and I was a little scared.  I like the length but I have to grow it a bit so I can make a bun for the Saturday wedding.  I'll go with this style for the Sunday wedding as I won't have as much running around to do.


I'll have to work on losing the pensive face - lol.

Also, let me just say, holy cow having this done is so expensive.  How do people do this all the time?  I wasn't thinking when I decided to try it out that I should have waited a bit longer because now I have to do the upkeep until September.

It has been great at work lately.  Great evaluation which is always nice to have.  I work with a boss who treats you like an equal and a valued member of the team and the team is great.  Two new guys have joined the all woman team and their personalities fit in perfectly....or they will once we train them.  Chadi who has just had his monthiversary with us even wore the lovely hat (for some reason hats are what I started recognizing everyone's monthiversary with and it has stuck) that I designed for him.  I am becoming a pro at making Kleenex flowers.


This amazing thing was pointed out to me yesterday and I really want one.  Dear Nordion friends, could you picture me sending this floating around the office to visit everyone?  It would be spectacular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkCJumDQtbk

I had so many things that I could have ranted about today but you know, it is just too gorgeous a day, leading into a spectacular weekend if the weather folks aren't using alternative facts, so I will keep this as a family friendly post.  Go forth this long weekend, have fun with family and friends, enjoy your quiet time and come back next week ready to listen to me rant again.


My soul is VERY exfoliated - hahaha.

HAPPY FAMILY DAY


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlie Brown: I guess you were right, Linus. I shouldn't have picked this little tree.

Cows downtown today? I hope so.

Do birds yawn?