Dear Moron


Dear Moron Drivers:

Is it your wish to become the blob people that were in the movie Wall-E?



Do you want to become someone that can’t move because technology has taken over everything that you used to do for yourself?  Things like moving your damned head back and forth so you can check and see if someone is coming up on your right or left side?


Yes, checking your mirrors and hey, actually moving your head to look out your back window.  Remember doing that?  You learned (hopefully) how that was necessary in order to pass your driver’s test. Remember?  Is it coming back to you?  No.  Well, hear me now – move your damned head side to side and actually look out your car windows.  It isn’t hard and will keep you from becoming a blob person that relies on your car to tell you that there is an object nearby.

Why am I ranting about this?  Like I really need a reason to rant – lol. 


I am ranting because yesterday’s ride home almost ended in bike tragedy.  I was biking though the parking lot at The Met church and there was a car at the front entrance (picking up or dropping someone off no doubt) and instead of looking out the left hand window because that is way too hard, the driver just pulls out and almost takes out me and my bike.  I just got it back folks!  Thankfully the rest of the ride went smoothly and I survived the 4 drops of rain that we had but thanks Environment Canada for giving great BIG weather warnings all day.

This mornings ride was uneventful and a little barren. I guess that a lot of folks have taken a long, long, long weekend.  Well, I’ll be hard at work because you know, someone has to…well, and I just started here and don’t have vacation time yet  :) 

The music at the gym this morning was a little harsh.  A little yell-y.  One song came on and I was doing my old lady “what is this crap” thing.  Turns out there is a band called The Headstones.  Here is the song that was playing.

I got a gal who lives on the wrong side of town
I know what I like and man you know I sure know how
It's the other side another place
I like it there no accounting for taste
I can't think of nothing when I'm with her
But the rain and the wind and the cemetery dirt
Went down to the cemetery looking for love
Got there and my baby was buried
I had to dig her up
Went down to the cemetery looking for love
Got there and my baby was buried
I had to dig her up

18, 000 miles across nowhere land
I'm scratching and I'm spitting there ain't nobody listening
And things are kind of getting out of hand
There's only one point that I'd like to make
These kinds of things deteriorate
It's the gospel truth man
She's embalmed in love juice
Went down to the cemetery looking for love
Got there and my baby was buried
I had to dig her up
Went down to the cemetery looking for love
Got there and my baby was buried
I had to dig her up

Have a great pre-pre long weekend day everyone.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlie Brown: I guess you were right, Linus. I shouldn't have picked this little tree.

Cows downtown today? I hope so.

Do birds yawn?