Reprogramming Needed



The weekend started out great.  Friday I was told that I should consider leaving a half hour early.  My response was “Why?”.  I really do have to be reprogrammed!  I did start the process for biking home 15 minutes early so I consider that progress.  One day I hope that I will learn to just say “Thanks” when offered the opportunity to leave early and not worry about cleaning up what’s on my desk.  Is there a therapist for that?



Another fine weekend for garage sale-ing.  This weekend we went to Alta Vista.  I think that the folks in Alta Vista are a little more civilized than the rest of us because people were still setting up at 8:30 a.m.  Everywhere else is up and at it by 7:00 a.m.  8:30 works for me.

We saw a couple of interesting pieces.  I thought of the dragon for my garden to scare away the squirrels but as Jonathan pointed out, they would most likely just build a nest inside it.




There weren’t a lot of treasures for me this weekend but I did find these things.  With all the talk of the fabulous camera in the iPhone I thought it was time to go old school.  I hope that Charlie and Barin will enjoy it when they come for a visit.



I am a huge fan of pop up books and these, while well loved, are still wonderful.  Can’t wait to share them and the babushka animals.  Who could be hiding inside the cow?

I spent the rest of the weekend fighting with the squirrels.  Honestly, why are there so many damned squirrels in Barrhaven (and why does my keyboard keep going to FrenchÉ  Where is my question markÉ.  Now I have to Google a question mark and cut and paste it!
Did you know that they make squirrel houses?  Why?  Why would anyone want to offer accommodations to a squirrel? 


I think I’ll come up with my own design using this template.  What do you think?


I spent yesterday thinking that I should come into work because I am very busy.  It was an all day conversation with myself.  Jenn – you will be glad to hear that the “I’ll stay home and do chores” part of me won.  Of course, here it is 7:00 a.m. on Monday and I am at my desk.
Since I am here so early I suppose I better get to work.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlie Brown: I guess you were right, Linus. I shouldn't have picked this little tree.

Cows downtown today? I hope so.

Do birds yawn?