Nutritious Me


Day 1: Nutritional Journey

Today I began a (better) nutritional journey – not a diet.  I won’t say how long I’ve been dieting because then you might realize how old I am J, but it has been a long, long time.  What do I have to show for it?  A bad relationship with food and myself.  Today this changes.  It will be a long journey but hey, so was dieting and look where that got me.  I have a fabulous, enthusiastic nutritionist on my side who is going to help me retrain my brain.

Hmm, if the corn keeps peeling it could get quite scandalous.

So how is Day 1 shaping up?  I went to the gym.  Yes, I WENT TO THE GYM before work.  My brain kept thinking of all of the work on my desk but I defeated it and actually spent a little more than an hour on myself.  Strolling into my office at 9:00 made me feel a little guilty (bad brain) but as my co-workers weren’t in yet, I have to stop feeling guilty.  I know, I can hear you Barb and Jenn.  You have been telling me this for years but I didn’t listen.  Well, I listened but then ignored you.  In a good way because friends can ignore friends right?

On my journey to the gym I had to get the earlier but which meant it was the singing bus driver…sigh.  Today he started out singing to himself but as the bus got more packed, he upped the volume.  He then started singing Christmas tunes.  STOP!  STOP! STOP!  I love a good Christmas tune as much as the next gal but seriously, between Rock around the Christmas Tree and the conversation going on between two ladies beside me I couldn’t read my book (and really, who is more important in this story, right?).

So, after surviving the bus ride, off to the gym I go.  It was pretty deserted and I have to say that it is feeling a little depressing there now.  Things are breaking and they aren’t fixing them.  I wonder if they are going to close some day because the rent will be too high once we get our World Famous Epic Food Court (the building people are a tad pumped about this).  Anyways, I went to the dreaded treadmills and stepped on.  Maybe if they put a big ass screen in front of each one and I could pretend I was running through the streets of San Francisco or along a beautiful sandy beach, I wouldn’t hate them so much.  I walked to warm up (and, well, feeling lazy) but worked myself up to a running speed.  There happened to be a gazelle two treadmills down from me (my dream is to run like her).  Anyways, here I am running (not at gazelle speed) and wishing for a walk break but I can’t take one because….well….gazelle.   Was she ever going to stop?  Come on…..stop already!  Finally she stopped and as soon as she got around the corner of the room, I powered down to a walk.  Felt guilty so I worked back up to a run for a bit and hit 3km today.  At least I was faster than the older gentleman behind me so the Lett Family motto is still in tact – DON’T BE LAST.

Looking forward to tomorrow’s journey, are you?



Oh, I need cheerleaders on my journey so feel free to send me words of wisdom, gym memes or hey, join me on a walk, run or snowshoe.  I love company.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlie Brown: I guess you were right, Linus. I shouldn't have picked this little tree.

Cows downtown today? I hope so.

Do birds yawn?