Another lovely shoe day....well, half day.


I regretted wearing little heels for an entire day yesterday because it took a long time for the pains to stop so I could sleep last night.  Today will be a half day of lovely shoeness - just enough time to go to the lunch at work so everyone can see them.

I was heading into the park and ride this morning and a garbage truck was coming out of the Timmy's and the driver was having so much fun.  He was boucing and singing to whatever music he was listening to.  If you can be that happy on your way to picking up stinky garbage I salute you.

Nothing brings you back like listening to "Get Down Tonight" by KC and the Sunshine Band.  Its my oldies music day at work today.



This has to be one of the saddest days in a long time.  Let me first say that I get emails from Nine West pretty regularly (two already today).  I am such a huge fan of their shoes…but that’s not news.  I got an email to get a birthday discount and get emails to show off their new products.  They all make my days shoelishious.    I have been trying to get on their website for a few weeks now and finally did some Googling and found out that Nine West Canada is bankrupt.  How does this even happen?  We all love their shoes and are faithful shoppers.  I saw a gorgeous pair of purple shoes in Quebec City but thought I’d wait for them to go on sale.  Well, that will never happen again.  My motto from this day forward:  I want them, I buy them.
Now we’ll just have to suck it up and head to Syracuse despite the lousy dollar.  Not that going there is actually a hardship and it has been entirely too long since our last visit.  You up for it Steph and Cindy?  An October sleepover shopping trip?  We deserve it, right?

I had great plans to go to the gym and work out this morning because I have a lunch at work to attend but you know, 5:00 a.m. is so dark.  I just couldn’t do it.  I did actually go to the gym because by the time I got off the bus my hair had grown threefold from the humidity.  I wonder if people sit on the bus and watch in fascination as it goes from being lovely and straight to crooked and large.  Must be like watching an accident happening in slow motion.  Anyhow, thank goodness I have the gym to pop into so that I could re-blow-dry my hair.  The 1 minute trip across to my building took some of the smoothness out of it but hey, could be, and was way worse.  Does anyone have a product that leaves your hair nice and soft and yet fights the humidity?  Let me know if you have tried something that works.
I saw the 99 Bank St. lady this morning in her usual spot reading her book and having a croissant.  Would it not be nicer to sleep in than to drag yourself downtown all to sit around for hours on end?  Maybe not in her world.

Steph came by for dinner last night and I made the easiest dessert ever for her.  She can’t have eggs right now and thanks to Chocolate Covered Katie (awesome cookbook and website) she enjoyed this delicious chocolate peanut butter mug cake.  One minute and 25 seconds is all it takes to have all this deliciousness.  Give it a try and let me know what you think.
 
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake

(single-serving)
o          1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp cocoa powder (8g)

o          3 tablespoons powdered peanut butter (PB2 or Betty Lou’s) (For substitutions, see “nutrition facts” link below) (18g)
o          scant 1/16 tsp salt

o          1 tsp sugar or xylitol (omit if you like bitter chocolate cake) (4g)
o          1/4 tsp baking powder

o          pinch stevia OR 1 additional tablespoon sugar
o          2 tsp coconut or veg oil, or mashed banana or applesauce (I personally don’t like the fat-free option and recommend the oil, but I’m adding the option because I know many of you don’t mind the taste/texture of the lower-fat version.) (8g)

o          3 tablespoons milk of choice (45g)
o          1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract

Mug Cake Recipe: Combine dry ingredients and mix very, very well. Add liquid, stir, then transfer to a little dish, 1-cup ramekin, or even a coffee mug. If using the microwave: cook 1 minute 25 seconds (time may vary, depending on your microwave’s wattage). If you don’t want to eat it straight out of the dish, be sure to spray your dish first (and then wait for the cake to cool before trying to remove it). You can cook this in an oven if you prefer, but you’ll have to experiment to find the correct amount of time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlie Brown: I guess you were right, Linus. I shouldn't have picked this little tree.

Cows downtown today? I hope so.

Do birds yawn?