A damp cold run turns into a pleasure for the senses
How did my
8k 6k run on a damp and cold Monday night
end up being a wonderful thing?
· The sidewalks and paths were pretty empty
· Walkers I did encounter smiled as I passed by them
· The smell of a fireplace burning
· The wonderful smell of dryer sheets
· The amazing smells of dinners cooking
· The Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack which has the most fun songs to run (and sing) to (special thanks to J for uploading it for me and to Steph for suggesting a family movie night to watch it)
All of this was polished off with an ice pack and a couple of Tylenol but that didn’t diminish the fun that I had.