Ode to the lady who seems to live at 99 Bank Street

 
This is the way to start off a Friday before vacation.
 



 


Now, back to the Ode....

Ode to the lady 99 Bank Street.

 
I see you at 7:00 a.m., 7:30 or 8:00 depending on when I get to the gym, sitting by the fountain (that they have thankfully turned off for the summer or the humidity would be brutal),
You sit and read your book every morning,

You munch on your breakfast,
You seem to be in a special place,

I return at 12:00, 12:30, 1:00 depending on the day and there you sit,
Always at a different table than the morning,

But still there you sit,
Munching on your lunch,

Drinking your chocolate milk,
Reading your book,

You are still there after I go for a run, occasionally lift weights (which make my arms hurt when I’m biking by the way), shower, change and return to work,
Speaking of work, do you?

Where do you work that you have such long lunch hours?
Why do you come in so early every day to read your book?

Is your home so awful that you’d rather spend your time sitting at a table in the Atrium at work…for hours every darn day?
Whatever will you do this long weekend?  Will you come in on Monday even though everything is closed?

Will you have withdrawals because Marcello’s will be closed and you can’t get your morning croissant, your lunch time chocolate milk?
I hope you find a happy spot to sit and read this long holiday weekend.


This is how windy it was on my bike ride home yesterday!!  It seemed to take hours to go down Fallowfield from Woodroffe to Greenbank.  I think they can get rid of the wind tunnel thing at the airport and just use Fallowfield Road.  Sheesh.

 
It was also windy this morning but not as bad as last night.  I got to the gym early so I thought I'd take the time to do some stretches because my arm and leg muscles are a tad sore.  I pulled out a mat and lay down and couldn't move.  Might have been more of a didn't want to move.  Good thing I wasn't out in the open area of the gym or people might have talked.  I eventually managed to get the stretches in.  Might have to think of something else to do at lunch today than go back to the gym. 

Have I mentioned that I am on vacation next week?  Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwww.  Only 6 and a half more hours to go until it officially starts.

Enjoy the long weekend everyone.
 
 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful Thursday

Is this your goal look?

Cows downtown today? I hope so.